Homemaker Personal Care and Community Inclusion for individuals with developmental disabilities who live in their own home but require supportive services. Homemaker/personal care is provided to help a person with daily living activities such as personal hygiene, dressing and eating. These services include, but are not limited to:
- Basic personal care and grooming, including bathing, hair care, and help with clothing.
- Help with medications that are usually self-administered when ordered by a doctor.
- Household services essential to a person’s good health and comfort, such as changing bed linens.
- Light cleaning in areas of the home used by the person.
- Preparation of a shopping list, grocery shopping and meal preparation.
- Laundry services.
- Other neighborhood errands including going to medical appointments or taking walks.
- Other activities that ensure a person’s safety, health, and welfare.
Shane's Place provides non-medical transportation. Individuals may use our transportation services to go anywhere they need to go.